Current teachers, please review the Staff Evaluation Guidelines.



  • Gilpin County School District is also accepting applications for Substitute Custodians.

Substitute Teachers K-12

Gilpin County School District RE-1, is looking for substitute teachers PreK – 12th.  Applicants must have or be willing to obtain a substitute license and/or have a valid Colorado teaching license.  All applicants must have at least a high school diploma and must be willing to work on short notice.


  • Bus Driver – Full and Part-Time Positions
    Must be willing and able to pass random drug testing. Must have a clear background check and be willing to train for a Class B license.Full-time Bus Driver will receive District paid Health, Dental and Vision Benefits. If interested, please call Transportation Supervisor, Dawayne Weaver, 303-582-3444, x 3155
  •  Substitute Bus Driver-If interested, please call Transportation Supervisor, Dawayne Weaver, 303-582-3444, x 3155

How to Apply

Please download and complete the appropriate application: Classified Personnel Application and Licensed Personnel Application.

For Salary information, please see the Staff Salaries page.

Submit completed Applications to:
Michelle Welch
Gilpin County School
10595 Highway 119
Black Hawk, CO 80422

or email them to: welchm@gilpin.k12.co.us

QUESTIONS: Call Michelle Welch at 303-582-3444, x3101

Equal Opportunity Employer:

Gilpin County School District RE-1 is an equal opportunity educational institution and shall not discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local law. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact Superintendent, Gilpin County School District RE-1, 10595 Highway 119, Black Hawk, CO 80422, 720-562-3100, or contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Building, Suite 310, 1244 Speer Boulevard, Denver, CO 80204, 303-844-5695.